cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvh71236 - Insufficient Sync to APIC-EM when registering new PnP Profile instances via REST API

MartinKajan
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue here on 3.2.

Manual APIC-EM sync job yields "partial success" result instead of "success".

I once tested creating PnP instance in prime without defining configuration template for a device, including only bootstrap template. Automatic APIC-EM synchronization looked the same (missing config file) as it does now. However, the manual sync job yielded a "success" result.

This leads me to think that there is a problem with assigning the configuration file, created from the template, to the PnP instance that is synchronized right after the creation (assuming the synchronization itself works as expected).

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where to look for evidence of this claim?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MartinKajan
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

After creating a profile instance, entering the exact state mentioned in the bug, I selected the particular instance in Prime and selected "edit". I proceeded to instance summary without modifying any options or values and clicked "Finish". 

Configuration file was synchronized with APIC-EM automatically.

However, this requires a manual intervention via web gui and is therefore not a fix/workaround, rather a semi-workaround as it destroys the purpose of a complete automation via Rest-API.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

MartinKajan
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

After creating a profile instance, entering the exact state mentioned in the bug, I selected the particular instance in Prime and selected "edit". I proceeded to instance summary without modifying any options or values and clicked "Finish". 

Configuration file was synchronized with APIC-EM automatically.

However, this requires a manual intervention via web gui and is therefore not a fix/workaround, rather a semi-workaround as it destroys the purpose of a complete automation via Rest-API.