Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvw94324 - TFTP Service Cored when the server updates DST

stuartbedale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have seen TFTP restarts in the first few minutes of Jan 1st on atleast 3 different 12.5.1 clusters, although luckily no Cores and TFTP restarted on each node.  Similar events are also seen in the Syslog and TFTP logs pointing to this bug.  However the bug lists than only 11.5 SU versions are affected.  Should TFTP restart each new year (are DST dates recalculated) or is this the bug and we have to wait either for a new SU or ES?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Sisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ctftp restart is expected to rebuild DST files for the year.

ctftp failing to start after stop and producing core file has only been observed on 11.5 versions to this point and is unexpected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Sisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ctftp restart is expected to rebuild DST files for the year.

ctftp failing to start after stop and producing core file has only been observed on 11.5 versions to this point and is unexpected.

I saw this across a few 12.5.1 clients on January 1st 2022 shortly after midnight.

no core dump files 

the cisco tftp service stopped from Cisco syslog then failed to start, service failure syslog , reason unsuccessful completion. Then it started fine on its own. 

the sdl trace files didn't have much either 

Agree, I also experience the same on the Janury 1st 2023, cucm 12.5.1 and no core dump file

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: