cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvw95683 - Cat1000 freeze, unexpectedly silent reboot and crash issue occurred randomly

phrogg
Level 1
Level 1

I'm observing the same behavior with a C1000-24T-4X-L running on 15.2(7)E3k. Happens randomly, just recently after only 5 hours of uptime.

18 Replies 18

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure how "accurate" the details in the Bug ID are, but it says that versions affected are 15.2(7)E1 and 15.2(7)E2.  You're running a re-build, 15.2(7)E3k.  
Can you try downgrading to 15.2(7)E3 and verify? 

Sure, will give it a try. Then again, I'm not quite sure if downgrading from a rebuild like k helps (something to my understanding like a fix level version of x.x.11 for k), which I'm assuming contains several bug fixes within this very release.

@phrogg wrote:

Sure, will give it a try. Then again, I'm not quite sure if downgrading from a rebuild like k helps (something to my understanding like a fix level version of x.x.11 for k), which I'm assuming contains several bug fixes within this very release.

You'll need to determine i15.2(7)E3 does keep it stable (until the fix is released).

Thank you for the hint. downgrading to 15.2(7)E3 indeed keeps the Cat1000 switch stable - at least so far, which would have crashed by now compared to the the k rebuild.

Give it a few more weeks. 

Let us know how things go in, say, 8 weeks uptime. 

phrogg
Level 1
Level 1

Will do. I did set a reminder to check and report back here

kenku
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Phrogg, may I know the current Status of 15.2(7) E3 ? Since almost 4 weeks past.  Million thanks . 

@kenku wrote:

Hello Phrogg, may I know the current Status of 15.2(7) E3 ? Since almost 4 weeks past.  Million thanks . 

Give him time.  4 weeks is "just" not enough to pass judgement. 

Alternatively, tap internally and ask the developers to provide the pre-release version.

Everything is working smoothly with the 15(7) E3. No crashes or any trouble so far.

What is the uptime of the stack?

uptime is 4 weeks, 5 days, 8 hours, and 12 minutes

@phrogg wrote:

uptime is 4 weeks, 5 days, 8 hours, and 12 minutes

That's good to hear. 
I would say another 4 weeks more should be a good indication if this version is stable or not. 

So, coming back after another couple of weeks, I had a crash on one switch after approx. 7 weeks of uptime. The crash happened when I tried to access the web interface. It seems to me that crash is highly related to accessing the web interface. My conclusion for now is to shutdown the web UI.

@phrogg wrote:

I had a crash on one switch after approx. 7 weeks of uptime.

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

sh version
sh log on uptime
dir flash:
dir flash:core

Pray the crash left crashinfo or systeminfo files for us to analyze.