cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug in Cisco Business Dashboard domain name settings

CTG_Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup CBD using the TLD .systems, it looks like v2.5.1.20221028 isn't a fan of using the TLD .systems. It will accept .system, but gives the error below when using .systems

Anyone seen this? I am trialing the product so I don't have a way of opening a TAC case.  Seems like a bug, unfortunately I already have the TLD .systems in place so I can't really change things. Not sure why CBD cases about the TLD anyways.

5 Replies 5

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, I believe it's a bug and I have reported it to the Cisco Business Dashboard team.

If you're generating a CSR and using the .systems domain name to access Dashboard, I think you can skip the input of the Subject Alternative Name, Dashboard will automatically detect the domain name and put it in the CSR for you.

I cant enter it in the External Dashboard Hostname field. Do you have more info on the bug case that I can refer too?

The bug will be fixed in 2.6.1 which will be released in May/June 2023.

Also when I create a CSR and send it off to GoDaddy the SSL generated gives an Internal Server Error when uploading.

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean you got the signed certificate from GoDaddy and when you were uploading the certificate to CBD, CBD gave a Internal Server Error?

It would probably be a good idea to call the support team using the local phone numbers published at https://cisco.com/go/sbsc and talk this through with an engineer.