Views
Helpful
Replies

CBD 2.7.0 - bug with connecting direct managed devices

palouis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive had a fun few days trying to get this new iteration of dashboard up and running. I finally worked out why I can only have one directly manage device attached. Despite the standard configuration, using port 80 and port 443, when I try to register the device, it hardcodes to port, 8080.

As per usual, the Cisco documentation is pathetic, providing no actual configuration advice or explanations, but chock-full of marketing garbage. Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed? I'm going to submit a bug request.  I'm posting this year more or less to provide anyone else undergoing this living hell with an explanation pending a fix being posted.

Enjoy!

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Thank you for raising the issue. Would you please give some more details on the port problem you met? Is it you connected first SEED device to CBD successfully but after that all other discovered devices could not connect to CBD due to they were using wrong port 8080 to connect? If it's the fact please check the System > Platform Setting > System Variables page, please check if the "External Dashboard HTTPS Port" setting is right? If you are using default 443 HTTPS port, you can leave it blank.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Thank you for raising the issue. Would you please give some more details on the port problem you met? Is it you connected first SEED device to CBD successfully but after that all other discovered devices could not connect to CBD due to they were using wrong port 8080 to connect? If it's the fact please check the System > Platform Setting > System Variables page, please check if the "External Dashboard HTTPS Port" setting is right? If you are using default 443 HTTPS port, you can leave it blank.

palouis
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Mark, that fixed the problem - if only the documentation covered that.

My only remaining issue ia that the CBD Agent on my C921 router says its unsupported, as do all my CBW140 and CBW145 Wirelss access points.  Are their updated CBD agents for these?

Thnaks paul

Hi Paul, thank you for the update, I have submit a enhancement request to the CBD team.

C921 cannot be managed by Cisco Business Dashboard. As for CBW140 and CBW145, please first upgrade them to latest firmware version 10.9.1.0. Then you need to open the CBW GUI navigating to CBD Settings page to connect it to CBD. With CBD version 2.7.0, this has to be done manually for CBW. In the upcoming CBD release 2.7.1(will be soon in this month), CBD will add the support to configure a new discovered CBW cluster to connect to CBD automatically same as Switch.

Hi Mark,

I'm going to close this discussion and opena new one specifically for the APs.

Thanks Paul