Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW240AC and CBW140AC firmware upgrade

I have 2 AP's (CBW240AC-E and CBW140AC-E) which are connected to CBD using pnp connect. 

When claiming the devices it is mandatory to select an image from CBD to use on the device. 

Unfortunately the devices are stuck on provisioning.

The provisioning log:

TimestampEvent
Jan 21 2021 08:58:39Failed to provision since device is stuck in non-terminal state for more than 2 hours
Jan 21 2021 06:56:44Image installation will be performed with image file: CBW-Bundle-10-3-1-0.zip
Jan 21 2021 06:56:06Image installation failed: ERROR PnP Service Error 1800 Failed to download image
Jan 21 2021 06:55:48Image installation will be performed with image file: CBW-Bundle-10-3-1-0.zip
Jan 21 2021 06:55:10Image installation failed: ERROR PnP Service Error 1800 Failed to download image
Jan 21 2021 06:54:52Image installation will be performed with image file: CBW-Bundle-10-3-1-0.zip
Jan 21 2021 06:54:50Retrieval of device information succeeded
Jan 21 2021 06:54:15Matched a pre-provisioned device

As noted in the logs, CBD is trying to push the firmware upgrade in a zip file. This is because CBD won't allow me to upload the ap1g5 file which is actually needed for the firmware upgrade. Only .tar, .bin, .t, .zip and .img files are allowed.

If I log in to the GUI of the AP and try to upload the zip file as a firmware upgrade it also gives an error saying it isn't a correct image file. When selecting the ap1g5 file the upgrade is performed correctly. 

Should the zip file indeed be uploaded to the CBD images section or is this a bug and should the ap1g5 file be used? If so, is there a workaround to upload this file because I currently can't provision the AP's. 

---
If my answer was useful please mark it as helpful.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You shouldn't have been forced to select an image when claiming the device.  Indeed, you should be able to claim a device without specifying *either* an image or config.  Did you get an error message, or did you assume the field needed to be completed without trying to leave it blank.

In any case, you are correct that it is the ap1g5 file rather than the zip file that needs to be uploaded, and that fact that you were blocked from doing that is almost certainly a bug.  I'll report it to the engineering team and see if we can fix it in the next release.  It should be a simple fix.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I added the .bin extension to the ap1g5 file (just a guess).

As I expected CBD would now allow me to upload the firmware image, and even better, the firmware image was also applied correctly to the AP's. 

---

You shouldn't have been forced to select an image when claiming the device.  Indeed, you should be able to claim a device without specifying *either* an image or config.  Did you get an error message, or did you assume the field needed to be completed without trying to leave it blank.

In any case, you are correct that it is the ap1g5 file rather than the zip file that needs to be uploaded, and that fact that you were blocked from doing that is almost certainly a bug.  I'll report it to the engineering team and see if we can fix it in the next release.  It should be a simple fix.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks David, I just checked and the I received the error when I selected the default image option. When selecting nothing and leaving the dropdown blank I am able to continue with the provisioning. 

---
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: