Replies

Cisco Business Dashboard - stuck on initializing

jamesanderson11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco community,

Our cisco business dashboard host is stuck on the following page:

jamesanderson11_0-1672804116844.png

It was running/logging in very slowly and the VM that the site is hosted on was restarted. It booted up normally, but the site will not progress beyond this page.

Can you please provide some support on how to fix this issue.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

I'd recommend that you contact the support centre and get an engineer to work through this one with you.  There are a number of possible problems that can cause the dashboard to not start up properly, and it could take a while to troubleshoot through the community.  You can find your local phone number for support at https://cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Having said that, if you are comfortable working with Linux, then I'd ask that you log on to the dashboard operating system, and zip up all the files in the /var/log/ciscobusiness/dashboard directory and send them through.  Be aware that thie zip file can be quite large if the dashboard has been operating for some time, so it might be necessary to post it on a file sharing service somewhere.  If you aren't comfortable with doing that, then call support and an engineer can work it through with you step by step.

Cheers,

Dave.

DavidAllen
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. I upgraded CBD with the latest 2.6 update and after reboot, it will not progress past the "Cisco Business Dashboard is initializing. Please wait a few minutes" stage. It has been sitting like this for a week. I tried logging a case with TAC but they stonewalled me because I can't find a serial number for the product. They couldn't have been less helpful. So, this important tool for our service team is down and I can't get any help with it from Cisco.

Hi David,

CBD initializing process normally takes 8-15 minutes based on VM performance. Did you try to reboot the VM which CBD installed on? If it doesn't work, you need to contact the support.