Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting CBS350 to Cisco Business Dashboard- Failed

Hi there!
I hope everyone is doing great. 

Cisco Business Dashboard installed on VM and i am traying to connect my CBS350 with direct management (no probe), I have downloaded ot the Self-signed Certificate and uploaded it on the Switch. on the Switch I enabled the CBD connection with the required field ( CBD ip, Port, ID key and Secret key ) and when i click apply , it shows me that the request has been sent (Even with a tcpdump i can see the connection was sent out of the Switch), but on the CBD i nothing arrives, any help with be appreciated? 

1-I am doubting the "Subject Alternative Name" might be an issue, if i am correct it is the IP address of CBD ? 

2- Also, when i added my Network on the CBD i see if offline, is it normal?

Best Regards, 
Abdul,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,
I had to enable  Cisco Business Dashboard on the Switch using CLI , and it worked . I do not know why when I enabled it via GUI it did not work. Anyways,  Now i have my CBS350 on CBD using direct management (No probe was needed).

The command was:

cbd connection enable

Run cbd?  to see how to add CBD ip, port, key ID and key Secret. 

Afterwords, i got the error that the SW does not exist on the inventory of the CBD, I used the GUI to disable and enable the connection and i was redirected to the CBD page to add my SW. 

Thank you @liviu.gheorghe  and @Mark Fang for your help. 
Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @abduljwad.higaig ,

1. Depends on the configuration of the dashboard. The documentation states:

When establishing a connection to the dashboard, the device checks to ensure the certificate presented by the dashboard is valid and can be trusted. For the certificate to be acceptable and the connection to proceed, the certificate must meet the following conditions:

• The certificate must be signed by a trusted Certificate Authority (CA), or the certificate itself must be added to the device configuration as a trusted certificate. Refer the device administration guide for details on adding a trusted certificate.

• If the dashboard is configured as an IP address, then either the Common Name field or the Subject-Alt-Name field of the certificate must contain that IP address.

• If the dashboard is configured as a hostname, then either the Common Name field or the Subject-Alt-Name field of the certificate must contain that hostname.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/cisco-business-dashboard/qsg/b_CBD_QSG/b_Cisco_Business_Dashboard_QSG_2_2_chapter_0101.html

2. Cisco documantation states that "Certain network devices support being directly associated with the Dashboard and managed without a probe being present. When network devices are being managed directly in this way, all management functions are available for the device, but the network discovery process may not be as comprehensive as when a probe is present."

Please check the following link for a list of all the devices supported by Cisco Business Dashboard - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/cisco-business-dashboard/technical-reference/b_CBD_Device_Support_List.html

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdul,

What's the CBD version and CBS version? I suppose CBD is 2.7.0 and CBS is at least 3.3.0.16(if it's 3.4, that's better). The Subject Alternative Name should be the CBD IP address. Regarding the network which is offline, that's expected, it will be changed to online automatically once your CBS connects to CBD.

Please make sure the clock on the CBS is correct then go to the CBD settings page on CBS GUI and select Online with Web Browser option to do the connection setup.

You can open the network details page on CBD, there will be a Onboarding tab there, please select "Cisco Business 250 Series Smart Switch/Cisco Business 350 Series Smart Switch" card, CBD will show you the instructions on how to connect the CBS to CBD. Please check attached screenshot.

MarkFang_0-1706320938627.png

If this still does not solve the issue, please check CBD settings page on the CBS GUI or CLI console(show cbd), bring back the error message displayed for the Dashboard Status.

Hi all,
I had to enable  Cisco Business Dashboard on the Switch using CLI , and it worked . I do not know why when I enabled it via GUI it did not work. Anyways,  Now i have my CBS350 on CBD using direct management (No probe was needed).

The command was:

cbd connection enable

Run cbd?  to see how to add CBD ip, port, key ID and key Secret. 

Afterwords, i got the error that the SW does not exist on the inventory of the CBD, I used the GUI to disable and enable the connection and i was redirected to the CBD page to add my SW. 

Thank you @liviu.gheorghe  and @Mark Fang for your help. 
Thanks,