cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded Cisco CBD Probe issues

austin-martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am working with a CBS350 series switch that is up to date on the latest firmware. I am trying to enable the CBD probe to check into the dashboard, which was also recently updated to the latest version. I run through all the steps as provided through the dashboard, but when I click on "apply" on the switch, it gives me an error "CBD Retrieve Certificate failed." Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like the switch is having trouble reaching the CBD server. A common cause for this issue is the switch using a static IP address without a properly configured default gateway. If your browser is on the same subnet as the switch but the CBD server is not, you can open the switch GUI to run the wizard but the switch may fail to connect to the CBD server. 

Here are the steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Default Gateway Configuration:

You can verify this via CLI with the command: show running-config | include default-gateway

Alternatively, check through the switch GUI: navigate to IPv4 Configuration > IPv4 Static Routes.

2. Ping Test:

Once the default gateway is configured correctly, perform a ping test to the CBD server from the switch to ensure connectivity.

3. Rerun the Connection Wizard:

If the connection is successful, rerun the CBD connection wizard.

Hello,

I have confirmed that there is a default gateway on this switch. In regards to a ping test, the destination server have pings disabled on the firewall, so the test is unable to be accurately preformed at this time. I do however have other switches that are able to communicate to the CBD portal, and there is a Virtual Machine running CBD Probe software that is able to run for this same office, but managing a different network. I did make sure that the Firewall at the location of the switch had a temporary bypass policy to allow any and all traffic to and from the switch and ran the test again, but still got the certificate retrieval error.

Thanks!