cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid access key : HTTP unauthorized

BeardedBlaze
Level 1
Level 1

We've successfully deployed the Cisco Business Dashboard to majority of our clients, however pretty much on a daily basis few of the probes, be it on a VM or built-in switch, suddenly appear offline.  The probes themselves are running, are pingable and their portal is accessible.  In the portal, this shows this as the status:

InvalidAccessKeyHTTPunauthorized.png

Clicking connect and reconnecting the probe resolves the issue, however not permanently, as some of the probes this happened to, at some point in the future repeat this behavior.  Any idea what could be causing this and/or solution to it?

Thanks

Blaze

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Blaze,

I can't say for certain without getting some diagnostics, but this does sound a lot like a problem we identified a couple of months ago.  The short version is that there is a race condition that can occur when a probe/dashboard connection is interrupted where the dashboard thinks the probe is still connected and proceeds to reject the probe's reconnect attempts.  This problem is fixed in the up coming 2.3.0 release of dashboard which we should be posting next week.  If this is causing a lot of grief for you, then can I get you to open a case with support (https://cisco.com/go/sbsc) and we could get you access to a build a little early.  Otherwise, if you can be patient, we should have the released version out soon.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Blaze,

I can't say for certain without getting some diagnostics, but this does sound a lot like a problem we identified a couple of months ago.  The short version is that there is a race condition that can occur when a probe/dashboard connection is interrupted where the dashboard thinks the probe is still connected and proceeds to reject the probe's reconnect attempts.  This problem is fixed in the up coming 2.3.0 release of dashboard which we should be posting next week.  If this is causing a lot of grief for you, then can I get you to open a case with support (https://cisco.com/go/sbsc) and we could get you access to a build a little early.  Otherwise, if you can be patient, we should have the released version out soon.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.  We'll wait until 2.3.0 is out and see if it resolves the issue, will report back if it did.

Blaze

Hi David,

Any updates on when 2.3.0 will be released?

Thanks

Blaze

Hi Blaze,

We had a last minute fix identified that needed to be included and tested.  We hope to release the software this week.

Cheers,

Dave.

For anyone else having similar issues, since upgrading to 2.3.x I have not experienced that issue with any of our probes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: