cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled upgrade device firmware to latest never runs

BeardedBlaze
Level 1
Level 1

This issue started last week.  I scheduled a handful of switches to upgrade device firmware early in the morning on Friday 6/9.  The scheduled time went by and none of those tasks ever ran, still show in schedule profiles.  I noticed the warning about software center being down on the 9th (although that wasn't supposed to start until that evening), assumed maybe it's related to that. I restarted the CBD Manager and  rescheduled all those plus added few more switches to the scheduled upgrade for this morning (6/12).  Again, the time has gone by and still none of them ran (see pic).  Any idea what might be causing this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may be caused by the crash of RabbitMQ service which is an open sourced message queuing service that CBD depends on. Please login the CBD server and execute the command 'apt list --installed | grep rabbitmq', if the output version is not 3.8.16-1 then it should be the root cause. You probably have updated the Ubuntu system, which has upgraded the RabbitMQ package but the upgrade broke the RabbitMQ.

Please run the following the 3 commands which will stop CBD server, remove the corrupted RabbitMQ database and start CBD server again.

sudo systemctl stop cisco-business-dashboard
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/ciscobusiness/dashboard/rabbitmq
sudo systemctl start cisco-business-dashboard

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may be caused by the crash of RabbitMQ service which is an open sourced message queuing service that CBD depends on. Please login the CBD server and execute the command 'apt list --installed | grep rabbitmq', if the output version is not 3.8.16-1 then it should be the root cause. You probably have updated the Ubuntu system, which has upgraded the RabbitMQ package but the upgrade broke the RabbitMQ.

Please run the following the 3 commands which will stop CBD server, remove the corrupted RabbitMQ database and start CBD server again.

sudo systemctl stop cisco-business-dashboard
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/ciscobusiness/dashboard/rabbitmq
sudo systemctl start cisco-business-dashboard

Thanks Mark.  I ended up opening a support ticket, and that was the resolution that I was given, tested it and sure enough that fixed the problem.