cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Ke Qin is a familiar face in the Chinese Cisco Community, he is also the co-founder of the QYTang networking training organization. He graduated from Beijing Institute of Technology and holds CCIE DC & Security certifications (No. 13778). He is the author of the book "Cisco IPSec VPN Field Guide”. As a recipient of the "Event Top Contributor" award in the Cisco Community for four consecutive years from 2021 to 2024, Ke Qin has been collaborating with the community since 2017 to host public Community Live event and AMA sessions for users. To date, he has brought us more than 30 online webinars. VivienChia_0-1721802574419.png

1. What does being named a Cisco Event Top Contributor mean to you?
  • Being named a Cisco Event Top Contributor is a great honor. It validates my achievements in networking and training, highlights my dedication. I've worked hard in this field, and this recognition motivates me to continue developing more training courses for everyone.
  1. What is your professional experience in the IT field?
  • After graduating from university, I worked at an IT operator for three years. For nearly two decades, I have been a teacher at a network training institution, focusing on Cisco security, data centers, wireless, and now automation and AI-related courses.
  1. What is your favorite technology and why?
  • When I started in the networking field, I was drawn to security technologies like firewalls, IPS, and wireless security because they gave me control over the network. Nowadays, I focus on network automation and AI technologies. I believe the future lies in AI-driven automation for configuring and monitoring networks. I hope more people will learn about AI and related networking technologies.
  1. How did you get involved in the Cisco community?
  • A friend who works at Cisco knew about my work in training and recommended me to give public webinars on the Cisco community platform. Since then, I have been delivering public courses for the Cisco community.
  1. What inspired you to participate?
  • I see the Cisco community as a great platform with many technical engineers. By sharing my knowledge, I hope to benefit more senior engineers and network professionals, and I have received a lot of encouragement from this.
  1. Based on your experience, how can you plan a good career path?
  • I believe that at the beginning of a career, one should first learn some basic knowledge of routing and switching, then work for large integration companies in big cities to gain practical experience. After accumulating certain experience, one can move towards an architect or other more advanced positions. I think this is a good career direction.
  1. Do you think language barriers can be overcome?
  • Twenty years ago, language barriers were indeed a significant difficulty, but Cisco's documentation is relatively simple compared to other IT articles and can be overcome with some effort. Nowadays, with the development of artificial intelligence, translation has become very accurate, so language is no longer a problem. The key is whether one is willing to learn and read more high-quality articles.
  1. What advice do you have for students who want to enter the IT field?
  • I think for students who want to enter the IT field, it is first necessary to learn the basic introductory knowledge of CCNA. Secondly, it is very important to do more experiments, to constantly practice and challenge oneself. At the same time, making more friends and knowing people in the IT circle is also very important. All these can help you succeed in the IT field.

Click here to view the Chinese version.

Click here to view the recordings of Community Live sessions presented by Ke Qin. Learn more Events Top Contributors and other member recognition programs.

6 Comments
vishalbhandari
Spotlight
Spotlight

Congratulations @keqin on this achievement. Your excellency in IT is tremendous. Best of luck for future.

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Congratulations..!!  on your achievement..!! @ke Qin

Mike Chen
Level 1
Level 1

Congratulations! very professor trainner.

ohmaidream
Level 1
Level 1

Best teacher and very useful, thank you Mr Qin

Hayden_Han
Level 1
Level 1

Congratulations to my teacher.  Congratulations to the students from 乾颐堂

SimoNet
Level 1
Level 1

Congratulations

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: