Views
Helpful
Replies

San Francisco

Philliplee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am trying to renew my written CCNA, CCNP and CCIE written certifications which I haven't used for over two decades.

In order to renew the written exams, is there any generic written exam could substitute all the others?

I read an article somewhere that CCDE written exam could substitute all other CCIE Written exams. Is it true?

Also, will the 400-151 CCIE data center certification expired (as indicated on Cisco site, Feb 2022) and gets a new certification?

Is lower numbered 350-401 (ENTCOR) exam recommended alternative for the most popular CCIE written exam?

Thanks,

Phillip 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this certs are in active (since you mentioned not used decade) - that means it may have expired, if that is expired you need to start over.

if they are active, any exam higher level will automatically renew lower level certs

example CCNA - if you take CCNP SCOR - CCNA will be renewed automatically.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this certs are in active (since you mentioned not used decade) - that means it may have expired, if that is expired you need to start over.

if they are active, any exam higher level will automatically renew lower level certs

example CCNA - if you take CCNP SCOR - CCNA will be renewed automatically.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, 

Thank you very much for the prompt help.

If I may, I am thinking about taking 400-007 CCDE V.3 written exam (it seems a new fresh certification but lesser known compared to other certificates).

Will taking the CCDE written exam renew the CCIE R&S written exam I have taken in the past?

If not, shall I take the 350-401 Enterprise Core (the Cisco site states the CCNP ENTCOR is the current most popular exam along with CCNA and DevAsc) just to be safe and go on with the CCIE Entcor Lab exam later instead of taking CCNP SCOR per se?

Thank you.

Phillip