Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 WLC - NCWL10658 when configuring WLC HA

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am working on adding two C9800-L-F-K9 (17.9.4a) in DNA Center (2.3.5.5-70026)

I configured both WLC's to have Service Port (SP) done in its initial configuration wizard. RP ports are connected with direct cable run between both WLC. Configured VLAN 10 and interface VLAN 10 on one of the boxes with IP address. Configured one of interfaces as trunk and allowed VLAN 10 on it, this port connects to Fusion switch.

I issued command on Active WLC: wireless management interface Vlan10

In DNAC I performed Discovery of both WLC's using their IP addresses on Service Port (SP).

Then in Inventory I proceed selecting WLC which I want to be Active one and under Actions - Provision pressed on Configure WLC HA.

It offers me in dropdown to select Standby WLC and it automatically proposes to use IP addresses which do not conflict with those configured on Service Port (SP) under /24 subnet. It does not offer me to select interface from dropdown as it just does not exist as field.

When I press Configure HA

I get following error:

NCWL10658: Wireless management interface(WMI) not found for device or Vlan interface is not configured as WMI on the device. Please configure Vlan interface as WMI on the device and Configure WLC HA using Cisco DNA Center workflow.

Edit: while creating this post I ended up issuing "wireless management interface Vlan10" on Standby WLC as well and performed Resync in DNAC, which appears to have resolved this issue. So it is fixed, will leave this post here as I was not able to find solution by searching the error code.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check below thread and guide : (is this fabric wireless or non fabric ?)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/Catalyst-9800-Non-Fabric-Deployment-using-Cisco-DNA-Center.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help