Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AI Analytics

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're planning to turn on Cisco AI Analytics in the near future. As part of the preparation I'll need to plan the change for approval, and I'm wondering if enabling the options provisions any config changes on our Switches or WLC (Non SDA). ie, does enabling these options push config changes to the devices in the inventory, or is this a DNA Centre only change with DNAC sending telemety information into the Cisco Cloud?

Screenshot 2023-08-01 173054.jpg

Any guidance gratefully received.

Thanks In advance..

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

telemetry information must be collected at switches and wlc before this can be sent to the AI cloud
so YES, enabling options will result in a config change to add telemetry subscription's
this is basically a one-time operation, but these telemetry subscription's may need to be renewed/updated from time to time

Thanks - So does that mean when I enable the options on the AI Analytics setting page, config will be pushed to every device in the inventory??

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Users get upset when DNA pushes config without warning, so you should expect a warning from DNA before it does any configuration (and usually a chance to schedule the change).  You should not expect any config changes on network devices while enabling AI Analytics.  Enabling it simply opens a channel between your DNA instance and Cisco Cloud.  To get the most out of it, make sure DNA is already gathering the data documented here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-5/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_5/endpoint-analytics-1-0.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_4bcbe925-eed9-419f-b653-b4574ba31b45

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card