cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center GPS incorrect after import - way to bulk delete?

lukeblewett
Level 1
Level 1

I have imported our Sites and and WIFI Maps from Prime which appears to have worked to get the images and locations in to DNAC. 

However the Site data perfectly transferred the GPS data across but the map data appears to have had incorrect GPS co-ordinates. 

I would like to fix this by reimporting the Prime maps with no map data. 

To do this it would appear I have to disassociate every WAP from its location, then delete each floor, each building, and each site. 

I have 15 areas, 500 buildings, and 1600 WAPs making this task very time consuming. 

Is there a better way to do this? 

Can I delete all areas without having to delete child groups? 

Or is there a way for me to delete all the GPS data and reimport this from a clean CSV or simliar? 

Please save me! 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understand correctly, think what you are hoping to do is to remove the existing site hierarchy so that you can import a fresh one from Prime.  It will help you know that if you remove the WLC from DNAC, all the APs will be deleted as well, so that will save you from manually removing all those APs from the maps.  Also, I think it is still true that if you import a file for site hierarchy, with an existing site hierarchy already in DNA, that existing hierarchy (starting from the same root as Prime, not necessarily unrelated sites), will get wiped out. 

So, I think you can just remove the WLC from inventory and do your import again without messing with the existing site hierarchy in DNA!