Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LAN automation Selecting interface

nathanmonteyne0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

So on one switch LAN automation isn't working after multiple pnp resets and even hard resets it is not working.
We can see that it is getting an IP adres from the lease and the config on the seed device is being deployed correctly.

Now I noticed that during the LAN automation select interface step I can see interface status up and interface status down.
The interface the switch is connected to is in the list of interface status: down

nathanmonteyne0_0-1698053196962.png

But when I take a look on the seeding device it is saying that it is up. 
But in DNA center it is stating that it is disconnected

nathanmonteyne0_1-1698053318065.png

How can I resolve this. Already tried multiple ports same issue

1 Reply 1

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan, for the port state mismatch please open a TAC case.

For the LAN-A device configuration failure this **may** be more fundamental. After the new switch receives an IP address please consider confirming correct routing between DNA Center and the new switch. 1. Try pinging from the DNA Center CLI to the new switch DHCP address and then 2. In DNA Center > Provision > Plug and Play, the new switch should appear, please confirm it's there, if it's there in some error state from a previous LAN-A attempt you could try deleting the switch from PNP, or if it's pending authorization you could authorize the switch. 3. If you have DNA Center 2.3.5+ there's quite a bit of logging in LAN-A (DNA Center > Provision > LAN Automation), you could read through the LAN-A session logs to see what's going wrong.

If none of those things work then again, please open a TAC case.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card