Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Controllability

moorec43
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on deploying DNA Center into our environment and have been slowing adding devices. We have primarily been using DNAC to upgrade our switches and for wireless troubleshooting and are just starting to look into using it for automation. I am currently looking into enabling application visibility and I noticed I need to have Device Controllability enable.

My question is, if I enable Device Controllability will DNAC make any changes to the devices I have currently added or only to newly discovered/added devices?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it won't automatically update the existing devices in inventory.  I *think* the device controllability configs will get reassigned during a telemetry push.

Can I ask why you don't already have Device Controllability enabled?  It will greatly improve the information available to DNA for troubleshooting your network issues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it won't automatically update the existing devices in inventory.  I *think* the device controllability configs will get reassigned during a telemetry push.

Can I ask why you don't already have Device Controllability enabled?  It will greatly improve the information available to DNA for troubleshooting your network issues.

Honestly the main reason it has not been enable yet is due to lack of knowledge/training. I am the only one on my team currently using DNAC and I didn't want to enable anything that would automatically make changes.

I see.  It sounds like you would benefit from working with our Customer Success team for training.  You can attend some webinars (Ask The Expert sessions) or ask your sales team to put you in touch with your Customer Success representative for more indepth Accelerators.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/cisco-dna-ask-the-experts