Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA-C Email Notifications

Joris Deprouw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a single node Cisco DNA Center Version:2.3.3.6-70045.

I would like to activate email notifications. I think I have configured everything, but I'm not receiving alerts when a selected event occurs.

I have configured an SMTP server in the menu "System/Settings/Destinations" Email. When I test the configured SMTP server I receive a test message from DNAC.

I then proceeded to configure a "New Notification" in the menu "Platform/Developer Toolkit". I have named the notication, selected the entire site and selected almost every eventname in the list. I have selected an instance with the same configuration as I used to send the test email.

When I eg. disconnect an access-point, there is no event sent to my emailaddress, eventhough I have selected that specific event (AP disconnected from WLC)in the eventlist.

When I go to the event catalog in the menu "Platform/Developer Toolkit",  I search for AP disconnected from WLC and click on it. DNAC opens the event details.

When I click "Try-It Now" and publish, the status changes to "Loading" and eventually changes to "FAILURE", with the message "Endpoint Connection Timed Out". 

Did I miss something? Has anyone successfully configured this in DNAC?

Thank you,

J.

4 Replies 4

jaiwaei36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joris,

I'm also configuring the event notification on DNAC for my end customer. However, I don't get what is that instance for under developer toolkit section. Setting event notification on DNAC can be quite cumbersome

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Joris Deprouw ,

Based on following links, it might not be 100% related but I know I faced similar problem when configuring Email notification in DNAC and it fixed my issue.

Did you configure the Callback URL under System > Settings > System Configuration > Integration Settings?
Here you should put the DNAC hostname/IP address (see Configure an Email Destination  & Configure Integration Settings  )

Sylvain.

Hello Sylvain,
I have indeed configured the callback url...( the ip of DNAC).
That did not work for me...
Kind Regards,
Joris

Aron Frisch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Joris,

you may need to reboot the DNAC in order for the notification system to work again. I have meet this issue before and my DNAC behaved the same as yours, but I already had the notfications set up and working before.
In my case the system stopped working after a complete loss of connection from the DNAC to the network.