Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center mark golden new image does not work on some sites

joey.debra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a weird issue where I have a customer with multiple sites where there are a mix of 9300 and older 2960X and XR switches.
The switches in question fall under Device model "Cisco Catalyst 29xx Stack-able Ethernet Switch".  Alot of these switches are running 15.2(7)E5 which was the previously marked golden release for this switch family.

Now I marked the newer 15.2(7)E7 (tar version) as golden and some sites do get the non compliant status on those switches prompting for an update however two sites seem to stay compliant no matter how much times I run compliance checks.  It won't let me update because it says the software version is already the correct one.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you assign an image to a device type(or series) AND to a site
maybe there is no assignment of this image to this site (sites added later)? or a different image is assigned to this site!

pieterh_0-1672828482378.png

Wsust
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm currently facing the same issue, but it's occurring for only particular model in the same site. The C9500-48YC and Cat4500 models are not recognizing the new golden image. Other models such as the C9500-24YC, C9800-40, and C9300 are working properly. DNA is running on an older version (2.2.3.5), but I'm puzzled as to why it isn't working for this particular model. I have also assigned the software to this model.