cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center - NCSW10603: ISSU activation of image

emasters
Level 1
Level 1

I've been running into issues regarding ISSU upgrades using DNAC on the 9400/9500 series switches. For some context, I've been using DNAC for bulk switch upgrades and for the most part, all has been well. However, whenever it comes time to use the ISSU functionality it fails. To be clear, the upgrade process goes just fine up until the point where the image needs activating. After the failure, I have to log into the switch and enter the following.

install activate commit

Afterwards, all is well. It seems to be persistent when doing ISSU, so I was wondering if anyone else run into the same issues or if there is something else at play here. I know ISSU can be controversial as a whole. 

2b459fbe-815c-4f9b-a4b0-be68c0ed6103.PNG

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should just work. Please open a TAC case for investigation.

Hey Preston,

I did open a case with TAC just shortly after posting. Once I get a resolution, I'll post the update here. 

isaccounts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm having same issue. Did you get an answer from TAC?

I actually received a reply this morning, although it's not very helpful. 

From TAC:
"I checked internally for this issue and currently we don't have any workaround for this.
I have raised the defect and discussing it with the Development Engineer. I'll update you once we get any lead on it."

I have a few engineers on this case looking into this. We did an ISSU live while we captured logs and that's what they have been reviewing. This may take some time to get an actual answer, but I'll reply back once I have something.