Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Error {"message":"no route and no API found with those values"}

Oligano
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have a problem with the installation (a first) of my DNA CENTER server.

After having done the first step of IP configuration:

- VMWARE environment

- only one VMNET interface

- Private IP range: 10.X.X.X

- No cluster configuration (I skipped this step)

During the installation of the packages, I have an error in the logs, as well as on the WebUI page.

Here is the error message on the web page:

"message": "no route and no API found with those values"}

Here are the errors in the logs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/maglev_config_wizard/commands/post_install.py", line 120, in cli exit_with_error(0, error)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/maglev_config_wizard/common/utils.py", line 74, in exit_with_error
sys.exit(1)
SystemExit: 1

TASK [post_reboot : Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz] ***
task path: /opt/maglev/lib/python2.7/site-packages/maglev_config_wizard/ansible/roles/shared_resources/tasks/maglev_helm_install_chart.yaml:23
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (50 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (49 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (48 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (47 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (46 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (45 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (44 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (43 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (42 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (41 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (40 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (39 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (38 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (37 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (36 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Installing credentialmanager from chart bundle /opt/maglev/maglev-helm/charts/credentialmanager-1.6.47.tgz (35 retries left).

I understand that it can't install the "credentialmanager" package.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

6 Replies 6

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are numerous reasons for that type of failure.  Opening a TAC case is your quickest way toward resolution.

Oligano
Spotlight
Spotlight

I will indeed contact the support.

Sincerely

Hi Brother,

Did you contact TAC? how did you fix this issue? i am also facing the same error 

KerberosVE
Level 1
Level 1

any solution, i get the same error

SMaz32903
Level 1
Level 1

did you manage to fix this ? Same issue here ..

KerberosVE
Level 1
Level 1

After several tests I was able to solve this error (now I have a different one).

1)You must have 2 network interfaces in the VM. 
2) you need the dnac to have internet at the time of installation. One of the 2 vnic is the one that must have internet connection with its GW.
3) in my case because of the slow internet my installation took about 24 hours.
4) after rebooting to finish running some scripts (which took several hours) it told me that the installation ended with errors.
5) I go to the web address, now showed me the GUI without problems (i dont saw the "message":"no route and no API found with those values"), when I log in it takes me to dashboar but tells me that the services did not start well and are ALL DOWN.
6) This installation I did with 40vCPU and 256RAM. turn it off and I put 62vCPU, power on and got the same services DOWN, I put 66vCPU and the same DOWN services.

My next step is try to do the installation from scratch with the 62 or 66 vCPU.

I saw in the CG that some DNAC appliances has 44CPU, i dont think that i get all the services DOWN for missing only 4vCPU.

I hope my tests will help you to rule out errors and configurations.