Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA initial configuration connectivity issues

I am having connectivity issues with management/enterprise depending on my default gateway. Depending on which gateway I am using I will get connectivity and won't with the other port. Enterprise and Management are on different VLANs and different switches.

I also have both ports configured as access ports on the switch side. Any solutions for the gateway issues? Also, is there a recommended way to configure the switch ports for each DNA interface?  

6 Replies 6

Hello

On this link cisco instruct about port config . They show for Nexus but it does not change much

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/install_guide/2ndgen/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_2_3_3_2ndGen/m_prepare_the_appliance_for_configuration_2_3_3_2ndgen.html

But, I do not follow you here "Depending on which gateway I am using I will get connectivity and won't with the other port. "

I dont believe gateway is optional. When you are assigning an IP address to a device you must know which gateway it will use and there´s no way it be different unless you change the device to another network.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated! Since my management and enterprise ports are on different networks and the maglev setup only allows me 1 gateway for the device. When I try to apply a gateway on the management port it says "gateway already applied on port 1". This will not allow me to access the management IP or ping it. 

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

From your comments, it looks like you have configured 3 interfaces on the Cisco DNA Center:
* Enterprise
* Cluster
* Management

Please problem which Hardware Model is your Cisco DNA Center. This is important as the port configuration on the attached switch would or could be different based on the Hardware model. (For example, DN1 or DN2)

You mention you configured as access ports so this would imply a DN2.

- Which Interface will you use for connectivity to the Internet?
- On this interface, you will configure the default gateway.
- On the other interface, you would configure static routes for the networks that you need connectivity to from that specific interface.
- The cluster interface should be part of a private VLAN space so not routes or gateways are needed for that interface.

I hope this helps

I have 4, the additional being the CIMC. I also do not know what hardware model we are using. I am assuming DN2. 

Currently, we do not have an internet port configured. So, I configured the default gateway on the Enterprise port. 
The cluster is on a private VLAN. 
So, I will configure a static route for the management port.

That being said will there be any issues with having the gateway on the enterprise port? 

There are no issues with Default Gateway being on the enterprise port.  That said, depending on your scale of deployment, there could be an advantage to offload cloud based traffic to the management port and use the enterprise port for communications to your network devices only.  This could alleviate divert some bandwidth between interfaces.