Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA SMTP auth

sroic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering does the DNA center support basic auth for SMTP? I found in the docs that it doesn't support TLS but no mention of basic auth. Then I found here that it has dedicated text box fields for user/pass: https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/4461-docs-network-infrastructure/6601/1/Technote--Event_Notify_setup_test_v1.pdf

But my version (running 2.2.3.5) doesn't have view like that, only hostname/IP and port. It wouldn't make sense that they removed it right?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/4461-docs-network-infrastructure/6601/1/Technote--Event_Notify_setup_test_v1.pdf

>...Note: Emails are sent out from Cisco DNA Center using the SMTP protocol. Cisco DNA Center only supports
clear text SMTP for email event notifications. If you use an email server that requires SSL/TLS support, you will not
be able to receive the email event notifications. 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

sroic
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah no TLS as I wrote in the opening post, I'm wondering about auth, not encryption

- From the way I read the sentence mentioned it seems likely that it can not do basic authentication neither.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

sroic
Level 1
Level 1

That's what I thought at first but the doc I linked shows there was an actual field for auth in DNA 2.1.1.0. So it confused me that the current 2.2.3.5 version doesn't have it.

As per my understanding, you need secure authentication, if you do not like to use any secure authentication, you can try SMTP relay.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help