cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Switch Replacement? Needs to be same model?

bix99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a C9300-48P-A currently setup and provisioned in my environment and I actually want to swap it out for a brand new C9300L-48P-4X so I can use the C9300-48P-A elsewhere in the network for another purpose. 

Is the Switch Replacement feature able to be used for this or are the models too different to be used?

What would be the best practice to follow with what I am trying to achieve? Essentially I want to replace my C9300-48P-A with a new C9300L-48P-4X and copy the existing config from the existing switch to use on the new switch, and then repurpose the C9300-48P-A to use somewhere else in the network. any easy method when using DNA or do I essentially need to provision the new device from scratch and config it accordingly? 

Thanks all for any advice.

3 Replies 3

Hello!

I belive you will have to provision the new one from scratch and configure it accordingly. As is I don't think Cisco has an feature for switching out two working switches (outside of RMA).

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you will be doing a lot of this, then you should create a day-N template.  You could then onboard the new switch with Plug and Play and then apply the day-N template with just a few clicks.  It will save you a ton of time.