Views
Helpful
Replies

dnac 2.3.3.6 services failure

jasko34
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. 

I've just installed dnac 2.3.3.6, as VM, to test some things for client, but some services are still down, even after days. I have selected single node, but in service explorer I see something like this. Additional to that, when I'm checking specific service, that is down, uptime is almost 20k days

When logging in the first I see on top of the screen is this:

jasko34_2-1725651797748.png

jasko34_0-1725651493431.png

jasko34_1-1725651636546.png

Is there any way to "move" theses services to correct, the only one I have, server?

Best Regards

Jacek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, I understand you are just playing with it and you know it is not supported. This is why I also included that the ISOs expect at minimum for 44 cores to be available. The fact that you only have 32 cores available is most likely why the services are failing. It isn't possible for me to absolutely confirm this because you have not provided any outputs or the output that I requested earlier.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Catalyst Center (Formerly known as Cisco DNA Center) is not supported on VM format prior to 2.3.7.x using the OVA provided by Cisco. Installing a VM with an ISO is the incorrect process.

My guess is that you do not have enough resources which is why this is failing. Can you provide the output for:
magctl service status assurance-1

Hi,

That's the way I think about it also. I gave 32cpu and 256G RAM so in context of resources, that should be save. Also I've seen some installation of iso on vm, but for older version. Will try it out of curiosity and let you know. 

For 2.3.7.x works, I have a vm installation for another client, but I've tried to recreate something for other one.

Best

Just to be clear, we only support the deployment of Catalyst Center on the UCS box pre-2.3.7.x or anything on ISO format. We do not support Catalyst Center on VM unless it is deployed with the OVA. It doesn't matter if you have seen it work somewhere else, it isn't supported. It's also currently only supported on ESXi.

The reason why it is most likely failing for you is because the base model of the DN appliance is a 44 core appliance. Only the 2.3.7.x OVAs support 32 cores. 

Yeap, I got it, that it is not supported. Just playing with it and wasting some time

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, I understand you are just playing with it and you know it is not supported. This is why I also included that the ISOs expect at minimum for 44 cores to be available. The fact that you only have 32 cores available is most likely why the services are failing. It isn't possible for me to absolutely confirm this because you have not provided any outputs or the output that I requested earlier.

I have already deleted that vm to install 2.3.7.x, but after your previous message, I have increased cpu to 44 to check it, but now, another misterious thing, every time I fail to install it just at the beginning after providing ip addressing and dns. Got message Invalid localhost domain resolution: 8.8.8.8

I will try tomorrow last time and switch to correct dnac

Next day, same vm, iso etc and now it comes. With 44 it's ok for playground. Thx for hint.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card