Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC AP health report

ahmad.syed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We tried to working on generating AP heath report from DNAC , but not able to succeed. Can you please suggest how can we generate AP health report from DNAC 

5 Replies 5

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> AP heath report from DNAC <<<
what report do you mean by this ? do you mean 

Network Devices -> Network Device Availability  -  and select only AP's ?

Hi ,

I am asking about any report we have in DNAC which help me to give status of AP health score . 

Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-3-4/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_3_4_ug/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_3_3_ug_chapter_0110.html#task_rdd_4dh_jbb

DNA does not show an AP health score report as shown in the dashboard

in DNA - > reports -> report templates, you will find all possible reports

classes Access Point and Network Devices  are the best candidates

you can check all sample reports,  but nothing resembles a health report
maybe a combination of reports contain the information you need

best option I see is from the dashboard
assurance - dashboard - health - access points
you can enable/disable extra columns to display, and export the list to excel

toddhsimmons
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Ahmad.Syed,

I'm using version Version 2.3.3.6.  You find the AP Health Score within the AP Report.  To get there just go to the Hamburger (Three Lines top left) > Reports > Report Templates > Access Point > AP and click on "Generate".  

1. it will ask you what "Template" to use and just leave it on "AP" and then click on Next.  
  2. You can leave the "Report Name" or change it to something else.
  3. For "Scope" choose the sites/floors or leave it blank to get a report for ALL APs and click Next.
  4. Here is where people get confused.  Choose the "File Type" you want for the report, but DON'T CLICK NEXT YET.
  5. There is a collapsed option called "Fields".  Click on the > next to it.
  6. By default all options are selected, but here is where you will find "Health Score".  Select all the options you want and then click Next.  
  7. Now you can select how far back you want to report to collect data from:  3 hours, 24 hours, 7 Days or choose Custom.
  8. Select the "Schedule Option" and click Next
  9. If you want an Email report (Be careful as it could get large) then click Next
  10. Now you will see the "Summary" clicking next will create your report.

image.png

I hope this helps,

Todd