Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Installation Hostname

dm2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently installing a DNAC cluster and the install wizard is prompting me to specify a FQDN for the cluster. I will be using both the Management (GUI) and Enterprise ports but its not clear to which interface this FQDN should resolve. The following extract from the install guide states that this hostname/FQDN represents the clusters web interface so I am assuming this should resolve to the GUI port but I wanted to check before completing the install

Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for your cluster. Cisco DNA Center does the following with this hostname:

• It uses this hostname to access your cluster’s web interface and the Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs used by devices in the enterprise network that Cisco DNA Center manages.

• In the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) field of Cisco DNA Center certificates, it uses the FQDN to the define the Plug and Play server that should be used for device provisioning.

2 Replies 2

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That's correct, the hostname/FQDN will be tied to the DNA center web interface which will be your Management (GUI) interface

Hi,

Thank you for the response. So one question - the GUI port will be configured with static routes to reach our management network where our hosts are located that will access the DNA UI. The Enterprise port will be configured with a default route to reach the devices that DNAC will manage. 

Will the managed devices also use the cluster FQDN to communicate with DNAC? If so, they will attempt to connect to the GUI port, and then due to the routing configuration, return traffic will leave the Enterprise port which I suspect will cause issues.

Even if we configure the GUI port with the default gateway and the Enterprise port with static routes to reach the managed devices, the same behaviour will occur from what I can see.

Is this correct?