Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Monitoring

HI, I have a DNAC version 2.3.3.7 in my network, still under deployment process. The devices get resync every 24 hrs or interval which is good. But for monitoring perspective, I want my DNAC to keep in check the devices whether they go down ( which are discovered in the Inventory of DNAC). I tried looking up for ping reachablity timer changes or any changes of possible, but I couldnt find it. Can anybody please help me to give any solution ?

5 Replies 5

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can achieve monitoring from the Catalyst Center by utilizing Catalyst Center Assurance and provisioning telemetry to the devices. See the following Catalyst Center documentation: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/catalyst-center/2-3-7/user_guide/b_cisco_catalyst_center_user_guide_237/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_7_chapter_01010.html

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

also without telemetry enabled DNA will "continuously" (5 min interval I think) poll the devices in the inventory using SNMP
for multiple data, (for example the port-status displayed in the "view device details")
so it will be detected if a device becomes unresponsive

for inter-switch-ports DNA will also report if one link goes down, so also the port of the uplink  switch will trigger the alarm if needed

Hello and thankyou for your help.

According to the continuous poll, the DNAC should keep the devices up to each time, even after having a 5 mins of latency. Yet I see devices like Access Points not being updated about whether they go down at a certain point.

Hello and thankyou for your help, but the dnac is already configured according to the document provided by you ( Except the Telemetry for Wired client which needs the configuration of netflow maybe ). Still I see a lot of latency in the devices being updated in DNAC. 

edust
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may adjust the resync and the snmp intervals (note this will increase traffic on the network significantly) but not the ping intervals. The Cisco Catalyst Center is a tool designed for many things, network control, assurance, analytics, troubleshooting, and deployment to name a few but it is not a monitoring tool. This is because of multiple reasons but generally if a device were to "go down" we should expect that the Cisco Catalyst Center will not report it for about 5 minutes. In a monitoring tool, this would be measured in seconds.