Views
Helpful
Replies

End of Life and End of Service

israrahmed99855
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team, 

We are having  WS-C2960X-24PS-L switches in the network for what we were trying to see if these switches are end of life and end of support in google , we found end of sale for these  WS-C2960X-24PS-L in cisco portal.

I just wanted to know if support is available on these  WS-C2960X-24PS-L switches or not?

Further , i want to know these  WS-C2960X-24PS-L switches are end of life or not?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Enter the serial number of your Cisco device in : https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Further , i want to know these  WS-C2960X-24PS-L switches are end of life or not?

below link help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-744432.html

based on SN no check @marce1000  already provided you the link to check the support.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

The WS-C2960X-24PS-L has had an End-of-Sale and End-of-Life announcement, as seen in link provided by @balaji.bandi . If you are not familiar with Cisco's EoL announcement verbiage, it says that this product could no longer be purchased after 31 Oct 2022. Furthermore, bug-fix IOS releases and Engineering Failure Analysis (EFA) ended on 31 Oct 2023. An EFA is a request to TAC to send a defective unit back to an engineering lab to determine the root cause of a hardware failure.

If a unit is currently on a service contract, TAC will continue to troubleshoot root cause of issues, offer workarounds, and replace defective hardware via normal RMA process (ie, no EFA) until 31 Oct 2027, at which point the product is End-of-Life and obsolete. Cisco may also offer PSIRT IOS releases from time to time until 31 Oct 2027 for units on a service contract, but is not obligated to do so. If a unit is not currently on a service contract (check serial number per @marce1000 ), then it can no longer be "attached" to a service contract as of 31 Oct 2023. That is, if a unit is not currently on a service contract, it can no longer be place on a new contract.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO