Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with DNA center and AP in MAP

Hello,

All my APs appear in red on the MAPs.
In Design, Network Hierarchy, my Wifi hotspots once added to the map appear in red.
It goes up well in the DNA since the 9800 WLC, the terminals are functional, they are even visible in the inventory of the DNA in Synchronized.
But once on the MAP, they all appear in red.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone and thank you for your support.
Following my problem I opened a Case at Cisco.
They found the solution.

Here is the solution:

+ 9800 were not displaying any assurance data and also APs were not showing assurance data neither.
+ Proceed to update the telemetry settings from DNA by going to Provision > Inventory > Selecting the WLC > Actions > Provision > Telemetry > Update Telemetry Settings > Force Configuration Push > Now
+ After that, we wait for almost 15 minutes and WLC and APs were showing assurance data.
+ On the maps we could see the APs as green

Thanks to all!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

pieterh
VIP
VIP

basically this means the access point is OK, but at least one of the radio's is down

pieterh_0-1698676075194.png

for more details search for the user guide of your version like this one for DNA center version 2.3.3
Cisco DNA Center User Guide, Release 2.3.3 - Work with Wireless 2D and 3D Maps [Cisco Catalyst Center] - Cisco

also check the compatibility of versions  access-point / WLC / DNA center

Thank you for your reply.

In my case it's weird because both antennas 2,4 and 5 are down on our 30 AP.
But everything is working.

If I add an AP in the WLC I can see it on the DNA. But as soon as I add it to the MAP, it turns red.

I think it's a display bug.

Mickael

Is DNA Center receiving wireless assurance data successfully from the wireless LAN controller?

-- Check to ensure you see a valid assurance health score(1-10) for the WLC

-- Check to ensure you see a valid assurance health score(1-10) for the AP

Can you share a screenshot of what you are suspecting is a display bug?

Hello Dan, 

Yes, in the menu, Assurance, Dashboard, Health, the APs are well managed, but I get a message saying 'CAPWAP between WLC and AP is Down' on all the terminals.
But they're all working.

Then for the controller, it appears as Managed and can be reached via SNMP.

I deliberately hid the plan behind it.

Thx a lot 

I have the same problem, when I initially go into the map the APs are green then after about 5 seconds both radios turn red, but all are servicing clients.

Hello

And the TAC solution doesn't work either?

+ 9800 were not displaying any assurance data and also APs were not showing assurance data neither.
+ Proceed to update the telemetry settings from DNA by going to Provision > Inventory > Selecting the WLC > Actions > Provision > Telemetry > Update Telemetry Settings > Force Configuration Push > Now
+ After that, we waited for almost 15 minutes and WLC and APs were showing assurance data.

It worked for me.

Thx

please check in the DNA map that an  antenna is configured for the accesspoint
in the map click add/edit, click on the AP and in the AP details pane select the antenna
this can be done for all bands/radio's

btw, you did not report hardware models and software versions , the may be a bug in the version you run

We've had a look and the antennas are indeed well configured under each AP.

Hardware: WLC 9800-CL 17.6.4
DN Center: Version 2.3.5.4-70852
AP: 9200AXI-E

Many thanks

thanks for the additional information

can you login into the WLC to check the AP's are connected?
also check if you have multiple WLC's in a N+1 configuration or a HA-configuration
if N+1 then the AP's capwap may have failovered to another WLC in this cluster -> add all WLC's in your network to DNA

p.s. >>> controller, it appears as Managed and can be reached via SNMP. <<<
what about ACL's between DNA <-> AP ?
Cisco DNA Center Security Best Practices Guide - Cisco

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide the output of the following command from the eWLC CLI?:

show telemetry internal connection

The 'State' should show as 'Active' which indicates the 9800 is successfully sending telemetry data to Catalyst Center.

Do you see any indicators of CAPWAP related issues if you look at the 9800 'show logging'?

Hello everyone and thank you for your support.
Following my problem I opened a Case at Cisco.
They found the solution.

Here is the solution:

+ After that, we wait for almost 15 minutes and WLC and APs were showing assurance data.

Thanks to all!