Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan Automation: What to do with "queued" devices

When i discover a new switch with LAN-automation other switches, which are not directly connected to the specified interface are going into a queued status. Which means:

Queued: The device is queued for later processing because it isn’t directly connected to the Primary Seed through discovery interfaces, and none of its neighbors are in Managed state in the inventory.

They stay at 10% of discovering.. How can i get them discovered/provisioned without deleting them and rerun the lan-automation?

Just claiming or adding uplinks doesn't work, everytime i want to add a "queued-switch" i have to delete all the queued switches and rerun lan-automation.. I think there must be a better way to get a queued switch discovered.. 

More info: i have a 3 node cluster running version 2.3.7.4. switches are 9300 and 9200, but the model is not important as all devices behave like this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Andreas Wildenauer , where are the "other switches" physically connected? If they are connected to the LAN Automation seed switches then please nominate all the applicable seed interfaces, including the seed interfaces that connect to the "other switches". If the other switches are downstream from the discovered switch then they should be automatically onboarded, up to a depth of 5 (Catalyst Center version dependent, older versions support max dept of 3) from the primary seed. Regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Andreas Wildenauer , where are the "other switches" physically connected? If they are connected to the LAN Automation seed switches then please nominate all the applicable seed interfaces, including the seed interfaces that connect to the "other switches". If the other switches are downstream from the discovered switch then they should be automatically onboarded, up to a depth of 5 (Catalyst Center version dependent, older versions support max dept of 3) from the primary seed. Regards, Jerome

Thanks for the answer, so i should select all new/active interfaces right at the first run of LAN-automation rather than discover one-by-one?! And, yes, i was talking about switches connected to the same seed-device.

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andreas, you can use it as you see fit. You can discover one switch per session (per run), or multiple, depending on your operational requirements. LAN Automation can discover up to 50 factory default switches per session.