cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Log Locations in DNA Center

akrapf_007
Level 1
Level 1

I am troubleshooting intermittent Device Health scores in DNA Center, and I am trying to locate the logs that will help me troubleshoot the issue.  The Audit logs available through the interface don't appear to contain any information to help in this particular process.

1 Reply 1

nirraman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In Cisco DNA Center, the logs related to Device Health scores can be found in the Assurance module. Here are the steps to locate and access the Device Health logs:

1. Log in to Cisco DNA Center using your administrative credentials.
  2. Navigate to the Assurance module. You can typically find it in the main menu or dashboard.
  3. In the Assurance module, click on "Device 360" or "Client 360" to access detailed information about devices or clients, respectively.
  4. Search for the specific device for which you want to view the Device Health logs. You can search by device name, IP address, or other relevant identifiers.
  5. Once you have located the desired device, click on it to open the detailed view.
  6. Look for the Device Health section or tab within the device's detailed view. It may be labeled as "Health" or "Device Health."
  7. In the Device Health section, you should see the Device Health score and related information. Depending on the version of Cisco DNA Center, you may find additional details, such as the factors contributing to the health score.
  8. To access the Device Health logs, look for a "Logs" or "History" option within the Device Health section. Click on it to view the logs associated with the device's health score.
  9. The Device Health logs will typically display historical information, including timestamps, health score changes, and any relevant events or alerts. You can analyze these logs to identify patterns or anomalies that may help troubleshoot intermittent Device Health score issues.

Please note that the specific terminology and layout may vary slightly depending on the version of Cisco DNA Center you are using. If you're unable to locate the Device Health logs or need more detailed instructions, referring to the Cisco DNA Center documentation or contacting Cisco's support team would be beneficial.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-2-2/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_2_2_ug/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_2_2_ug_chapter_010011.html

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco DNA Center through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco DNA Center ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cisco-dna-center-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394489] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Regards,
Niranjana Ramanan