cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Prime to DNAC - import or build new?

Charlie Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I am at the point of bringing up DNAC.   We have Prime which we use primarily for wireless configuration/monitoring.  I am monitoring our network devices in Prime as well, but we rely on Orion for most of our monitoring.  

I was curious to know how many people start fresh with DNAC, or use the import tools that are available?   We have 20+ sites that would have to created, and we have under 200 network devices in Prime.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hi

Import tool worked fine for me. Very large environment.

The answer to this question is it depends. The automated import tool called CPI & DNA Center co-existence works really well and its main goal is to allow customers to migrate existing data from CPI into Cisco DNA Center without having to re-build and re-do all the work in Cisco DNA Center if you have already spent time doing it in CPI. Imagine you currently have 2,000 access points in the CPI inventory and those access points have already been precisely positioned on the AP floor maps in CPI. Most end users would not want to have to go through the process of manually positioning each of those access points again in the DNAC once the access points have been added into the DNAC inventory so in this scenario the end user would be better off using the automated import feature through the co-existence workflow or manually export & imported the data from CPI into DNA Center. 

If you would like additional information, training & demo of the CPI & DNA Center co-existence migration tool, you can reach out to your Cisco account manager and have them reach out to your appropriate CX representative to get signed up to attend the 'Migration Strategy & Best Practices: Cisco Prime Infrastructure to Cisco DNA Center' accelerator session. You can view additional information about this accelerator using the following URL:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/cx/LifeCycleAssets/CampusNetwork/CampusAccelerator/MSBP_CiscoPrimeInfrastructureToCiscoDNACenter_ACC_DS.pdf

HTH!

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

We started fresh. New Ekahau maps with obstacles. No sense in carrying over legacy stuff into a brand new tool.  Just my opinion.