Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple PNP startup vlans

glsparks
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario

If we had multiple VLANs in our management VRF e.g VLAN 10,20,30 is it still possible

to utilise a pnp build via DNA considering we can only have one pnp service-vlan x command?

How could I make this work? I'm thinking there would be challenges if the switching being built was utilising inband or out-of-band interfaces for management also.

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The startup vlan provides connectivity to the DHCP server and Catalyst Center (aka DNA).  You can't use separate vlans for that part of the workflow.  After that however, you can use Catalyst Center to configure whatever vlans you need for production in your onboarding or Day-N templates.  I have been helping customers with PnP for years and this has never been an issue.

Day-N vlan allocation isn't an issue. A common VLAN is not available in this instance despite the switches being connected. However i think as long as i can route to the VLAN on this new switch and there is not an existing pnp startup-vlan command on the switch it should be no problem. It's effectively a different site in this instance.