Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a complete guide for WS-C2960X & how do i configure policing/qos

Where do i find the complete guide on my switch?

This is the model number WS-C2960X-48FPS-L.

The software version is c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E3

What I'm looking to do is limit how much bandwidth is allowed on an interface. The network at that site only has 20mbps of internet. So i want to limit all access points to 5mbps of bandwidth each. I want to apply a limit on 3 interfaces that connect the aps. I tried to read QOS commands and police commands but I can't seem to get them to stick. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The network at that site only has 20mbps of internet. So i want to limit all access points to 5mbps of bandwidth each

So you looking to out of 20MB you like to 5MB dedicated to AP ? or Wifi IP address range ?

I want to apply a limit on 3 interfaces that connect the aps  - rather applying on 3 interface apply where the outbound interface to restrict - again this is example only.

post what configuration you applied what is not working to suggest better or   check the QOS document with examples :

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKCRS-2501.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'll be frank and tell you that I'm not familiar with QOS or policing so my config will not be acurate.

this config is on the AP.

dot11 ssid Test Rate Limit
vlan 2
rate-limit tcp input data-rate 500000 burst-size 500000
rate-limit tcp output data-rate 500000 burst-size 500000
rate-limit udp input data-rate 500000 burst-size 500000
rate-limit udp output data-rate 500000 burst-size 500000
authentication open
mbssid guest-mode

class-map match-all TEST
match vlan 2

policy-map test
class test

interface Dot11Radio1.4
encapsulation dot1Q 2
bridge-group 2
bridge-group 2 subscriber-loop-control
bridge-group 2 spanning-disabled
bridge-group 2 block-unknown-source
no bridge-group 2 source-learning
no bridge-group 2 unicast-flooding
service-policy input test
service-policy output test

I haven't applied any config to my switch because I can't determine what the correct config is. If i were to apply a limit on the outbound interface would that affect traffic on wired connections? Because i don't want to limit traffic that is wired. Just wireless.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recall the 2960 series QoS is basically the same as the 3750 series, but the latter, I also recall, has (had) more QoS configuration explanation documents.