cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

our DNAC_Aura reports 2 Catalyst 9k switches in Bundle mode. Any tips

desmond.cassidy
Level 1
Level 1

our DNAC_Aura reports 2 Catalyst 9k switches in Bundle mode. Any tips to find which of these 9K switchs are in bundle mode using Cisco DNA ?

6 Replies 6

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Desmond, the only way I would know how to do this is via Command Runner. What you can do is select up to 50 devices by IP I believe in the Command Runner tool. Then issue the show version command. After that executes, you can click the top-right Export all CLI output link to download the results from the run. After that, you can do a quick word search for bundle and find if any of the devices you selected are in bundle mode.

Thank you maflesch for your reply - the answer is Aura. after its run it also provides a log and name the devices in bundle mode.

I have forgotten how to navigate the cli of DNAC, its better to use WinSCP to find it.

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use Image Repository for this.   You will see some image names reported as "Install Mode ...".  and some as "cat9k ...." Check the Devices column for the image names that start with just "cat9k" and those should be your bundled installs.

Hi Preston, thank you for your reply - the answer is Aura. after its run it also provides a log and name the devices in bundle mode.

I have forgotten how to navigate the cli of DNAC, its better to use WinSCP to find it.

desmond.cassidy
Level 1
Level 1

#32:Checking:Catalyst devices in Bundle Mode
*Error:#UR06:There are 2 Catalyst 9k switches in Bundle mode.
INFO:List of devices in the log bundle, file name starting with swim_bundle_mode

https://www.plesk.com/blog/various/find-files-in-linux-via-command-line/

find /home -name swim_bundle_mode

$ find /home -name swim_bundle_mode*
-bash: find /home: No such file or directory

find / -name "swim_bundle_mode"

Its a shame I cannot navigate the cli of Cisco DNA to find the log. It is in there.

The log is located in the log bundle of the Aura directory, which should be under /data/tmp/dnac_aura/logs/.