Views
Helpful
Replies

PDMT cannot migrate WLC

elemzy01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has run into the following issue. Trying to migrate Prime to DNA center using the inbuilt PDMT but everything works except the WLCs will not migrate to DNAC. I've turned off SNMP v1 and v3 on the WLCs to no avail.

One thing to note is that the PDART reports the following message "Found 3 devices in 1 location that will not be migrated. Devices that are part of group types 'default' or 'Campus' and devices that are part of groups 'Unassigned' or 'System Campus' will not be migrated. Kindly move these devices to any group with floor or building type."

The WLCs are currently assigned to a building, but the building is part of a site that is a Campus group type (I can only create a site with group type Campus or Default). I know the PDART has a caveat which restricts such devices from being migrated, but I am curious about how else to create a building that is not part of a site hierarchy of group-type default or campus. I think this is the reason the WLCs are not migrating.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vgulla@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The purpose of the PDART statement regarding WLC placement is to convery that WLC cannot be migrated if it is placed directly beneath campus/site/default groups, but it can be placed under building which is part of campus/site.

what is the version of PDMT, PI and DNA Center. if PDMT version less than V4 please install the latest version of PDMT and DNA Center version should be min 2.3.3.7 or above ( 2.3.5.4 latest)

Please make sure there is no firewall or ACL that blocks the device migration and verify the SNMP credentials of WLC added in PI is valid for DNA Center, if there is any restriction on the IP range WLC wont be migrated.

Remove and add the DNA Center credentials in the migration tool and migrate the building to DNA Center that has WLC.

If you still see WLC is not migrated navigate to (audit dashboard under monitor menu), filter with device IP you will find reason for the WLC migration failure

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vgulla@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The purpose of the PDART statement regarding WLC placement is to convery that WLC cannot be migrated if it is placed directly beneath campus/site/default groups, but it can be placed under building which is part of campus/site.

what is the version of PDMT, PI and DNA Center. if PDMT version less than V4 please install the latest version of PDMT and DNA Center version should be min 2.3.3.7 or above ( 2.3.5.4 latest)

Please make sure there is no firewall or ACL that blocks the device migration and verify the SNMP credentials of WLC added in PI is valid for DNA Center, if there is any restriction on the IP range WLC wont be migrated.

Remove and add the DNA Center credentials in the migration tool and migrate the building to DNA Center that has WLC.

If you still see WLC is not migrated navigate to (audit dashboard under monitor menu), filter with device IP you will find reason for the WLC migration failure

elemzy01
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. It's the SNMPv3 setting.