Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Provision Triggers

StevieC666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm hoping somebody could point me in the direction of some documentation that might help explain a few things?

Basically we're running a DNAC 2.2.2.3 XL cluster with 9800-80 WLCs within one Fabric site with 1600 9130ax APs, 200+ 9300 switches at the fabric edge.

Our wireless setup is somewhat interesting which means that in order to config things like SSIDs correctly we need to augment the WLC configuration that is driven by DNAC or the WLC GUI with 180+ lines of configuration within a template. This means that when we drive a SSID change for example via DNAC we ensure that manual WLC provisioning includes the deployment of that template. Where we have problems is that we're finding more instances where on the face of it non WiFi changes are triggering a WLC provision and of course when triggered in this manner the template doesn't get deployed to the WLCs.

I guess that things like SSID configuration DNAC doesn't expect changes to be made manually and therefore refreshes the WLC SSID config with the previously deployed intent plus changes. Of course you can't define all the SSID config via the DNAC GUI.

Does anyone know what activities, non WiFi specific, can trigger a WLC provision, we've so far figured out.

1) Fabric Edge fabric join/removal, not LAN automation.

2) IP Pool (VLAN) creation/deletion/modification (for example enabling L2 flooding)

I'm sure there might be a few others that we've not made the link yet. I've search through various Cisco Live session presentations as I think I imagined seeing something once that explained the fabric provision but I must be making it up.

Any help/advice would be great

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you're doing sounds reasonable to me and should be supported.   I think you should open a TAC case to have them dig into it further.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card