Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Software Upgrade from DNA center

MohssineBen
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone , 

i wanted to ask please how can i upgrade from DNA center to my WLC ?
to my wireless controller (8.2.164.0) and this version is not supported.

thanks all

3 Replies 3

Gaur Samal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just go to Image repository and upload the WLC image. And then go to provision page and upgrade the WLC.
However, beaware as it is not the supported version, you may face issues if you are planning to go with fabric enabled wireless.
Even in case of non-fabric ( assurance ), it has issues.

I am upgrading my WLC software image from DNAC and it is failing with the following error: 

. Distribute Operation
Duration : 0h: 0m: 22s
NCSW10249: Distribution of image: C9800-40-universalk9_wlc.16.11.01c.SPA.bin on device. with protocol: SCP . Loading Image File to Device. File checksum/size on destination varies from file checksum/size of source. Probable Cause: The file copy failed due to Temporary Network errors..
2. Distribute Operation
Duration : 0h: 0m: 11s

NCSW10249: Distribution of image: C9800-40-universalk9_wlc.16.11.01c.SPA.bin on device. with protocol: HTTPS . Loading Image File to Device failed!. Device response error: [ Distribution of image through HTTPS failed : Unable to read file through HTTPS protocol. ]

nitekum5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wireless controller version 8.2.164.0 is not supported by DNAC. DNAC supported min version is AireOS 8.5.120. Attached supported device list with software version.