Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR1000v on Azure cannot install HA v2 in guestshell

mhmservice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Our CSR1000v HA in azure stopped working so I decided to rebuild it based on my notes from our previously working configuration

I destroyed and rebuilt guestshell

But when I try to install the HA package within I get this error

[guestshell@guestshell ~]$ pip install csr_azure_ha~=1.0 --user
Collecting csr_azure_ha~=1.0
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x2bcd4d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',)': /simple/csr-azure-ha/

Any ideas?! I'm totally stuck

Both routers running 16.09.03 (maybe an upgrade would help..)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mhmservice
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to figure this out, there was an ACL on the interface on the Gi1 interface of the router blocking the traffic. Fixed that and was able to install the guestshell HA package without problems.

Did an upgrade to the recommended OS 17.3.3 so hopefully that prevents the guestshell from dying again (and I can use HA v3 now) 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mhmservice
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to figure this out, there was an ACL on the interface on the Gi1 interface of the router blocking the traffic. Fixed that and was able to install the guestshell HA package without problems.

Did an upgrade to the recommended OS 17.3.3 so hopefully that prevents the guestshell from dying again (and I can use HA v3 now)