cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Powertool Scripts for DJL2 Setup

Ryzz
Level 1
Level 1

I've been hunting for some automation scripts for setting up DJL2 Environments in UCS Manager. I did a rather large deployment a few weeks ago where the was a few hundred vlans across 2 DJL2 Environments.The VLAN manager tab in the UCS GUI is very clunky when you have to assign hundreds of VLANS across multiple port-channels.

This week i have a another deployment of DJL2, whilst not of the same size, i was hoping there might be functionality in Powertools that would allow me to script this.

Appreciate any help or resources you can point me to.

Thanks

Ryan

1 Reply 1

tcerling
Level 4
Level 4

I have no idea what a DJL2 environment is, but if are able to set it up with the GUI, it should be pretty easy to set up with PowerTool.  From a PowerShell window (on a system that has the latest PowerTool installed), issue the following commands:

ConnectTo-Ucs <ucs IP address>

Start-UcsGuiSession -LogAllXml

ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet

Then within the GUI that opened go through the steps to create a VLAN.  The output from the ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet should provide you with the basic PowerTool cmdlets that you would need to build into a script that would loop through all the VLANs you want to create.  The VLAN to Fabric/Port-channel association can be built into a table in the script or you could create it as an XML file that is read by the script.

I'd be happy to help out if you haven't done any PowerShell scripting in the past.

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer