cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding SD Card to Boot Policy using PowerTool

kevin.schott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone. I am trying to create a boot policy using PowerTool Suite (version 2.3.1.5) and am having difficulty finding the commandlet/option to add just the SD Card.  I am able to add the policy fine, but I cannot find where to add the SD Card for boot order "1".

I've been following the script here (UCS Base Configuration Builder PowerShell Script), but in this script it adds all of local disk and not just the SD Card.  Here's the block of code that I have been trying to get to work and to just add the SD Card.

$mo = Get-UcsOrg -Level root  | Add-UcsBootPolicy -EnforceVnicName "yes" -Name "SD-BOOT" -PolicyOwner "local" -RebootOnUpdate "no"

$mo_2 = $mo | Add-UcsLsbootVirtualMedia -Access "read-only" -Order "2"

$mo_3 = $mo | Add-UcsLsbootStorage -Order 1

$mo_3_1 = $mo_3 | Add-UcsLsbootLocalStorage

$mo_3_1_1 = $mo_3_1 | Add-UcsLsbootDefaultLocalImage -Order 1

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

rrawal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

You can use below cmdlets for adding SD Card in boot policy.

In the below example, I have created a boot policy "testboot1" and added SD Card at order 1 and Virtual Media at order 2.

Start-UcsTransaction

$mo = Get-UcsOrg -Level root  | Add-UcsBootPolicy -Name "testboot1"

$mo_1 = $mo | Add-UcsLsbootStorage -Order 1

$mo_1_1 = $mo_1 | Add-UcsLsbootLocalStorage

$mo_1_1_1 = $mo_1_1 | Add-UcsLsbootUsbFlashStorageImage -Order 1

$mo_2 = $mo | Add-UcsLsbootVirtualMedia -Access "read-only-local" -LunId "0" -Order 2

Complete-UcsTransaction

I have used ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet feature of powertool for generating cmdlets from GUI operation logs.

You can also refer the same for any other cmdlets required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer