cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Python UCSM SDK gives not supported server exception when logging into UCS Manager Server

hornseym
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use the Python uscmsdk library; however it's failing at the login with the error "Not supported on server". The code I'm using is equivalent to:

"from ucsmsdk.ucshandle import UcsHandle

# Create a connection handle

handle = UcsHandle(<host_ip>, <username>, <password>)

# Login to the server

handle.login()

# ERROR: in calling this method the exception ucsmsdk.ucsexception.UcsLoginError is thrown

# Traceback: My code -> uscmsdk.ucshandle.py L135 (in the method 'login') -> ucsmsdk.ucssession.py L607 (in the method '_login')"

I understand this error normally means I should be using the IMC library instead. Except we definitely have UCS Manager installed; if I go to the host in a browser I can log into UCS  Manager. Further, if I then check the audit logs I can see that the code using the Python library was also successful at logging in and logging out.

Does any one have any ideas as to why the UCS manager would be throwing this error?

Many thanks,

1 Reply 1

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @hornseym 

Not sure if you resolved the problem meanwhile, but can you share here the full output of the error while you run your script?

Cheers,

Sergiu

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer