cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Brownfield deployment

1967-mustang
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to finally deploy DNAC in our environment.  We currently utilize Cisco Prime.  I know DNAC is a replacement for the functions of prime with a full fabric deployment.  What are the capabilities of DNAC when deployed without coving to a full fabric.  Looking to phase in DNAC into our existing infrastructure and move to full SD-A a site at a time.  This would be a long term goal but take about a year to fully move to fabric at all our sites.  Will DNAC replace prime with our existing infrastructure before we convert to a fabric.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find this presentation useful : https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/R6BGArNQ/TECNMS-2478.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most deployments of Cisco DNA start out without and Software Defined Access. You can still monitor the network, do some deep dive troubleshooting without having to login to 10 different places, manage configurations, and really efficiently upgrade software images on your network.  This is a great time to start moving on from Prime, and there is a Prime co-existence tool built in to help you sync from Prime to Cisco DNA to make things easier to get started.   If you already have an appliance, ask your Cisco Account Team to connect you with Customer Success resources to help educate you in more detail about the deployment.