cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add SSH username to DNAC

AFlack20
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I'm only able to login into my DNAC cluster with maglev via SSH. How do I add another username and password for SSH access?

4 Replies 4

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The "maglev" user is the only username that can "SSH" to the Cisco DNA Center appliance.  The "maglev" user is the root user.

Once you have ssh'd to the Cisco DNA Center using the "maglev" user, you can use a different username for the "maglev admin" username.  Typically, this username is "admin" but you can use another user with "super admin" rights.  You would add this username as a "Local" user in the Admin UI or a user authenticated using AAA (radius or TACACS+).

Just to clarify, you're saying that the "maglev" account is the only account that can SSH directly to the CLI?

So, yes...  the only supported user that can ssh to the Cisco DNA Center and have full access to the necessary components is the "maglev" account.

That said, if you configure otherwise, then you are operatiing with an unsupported configuration and you may cause unwanted results which may then require a complete rebuild to fix.

You should not need to access the CLI of the Cisco DNA Center unless you are troubleshooting an issue.  And if that is the case, you want to use the "maglev" user to Troubleshoot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: