Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Intersight CVA to PVA

phauserx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of setting up Cisco Intersight in conjunction with 2 new UCS-X systems. Unfortunately, I just realized that I set up the virtual Intersight appliance as CVA/SaaS at the beginning. But we only have licenses for PVA.

Is there a way to convert the CVA appliance into a PVA appliance?

Thank you and best regards
Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello jobot,

thank you for your reply. It is an interesting approach, but I have now rebuilt the entire Intersight system from scratch. That was the easier way for me...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jobot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @phauserx 

I'm not aware of a way to convert the CVA into a PVA. If you need to rehost/move the Devices to a new Intersight Account you'll have a disruption if you have a IMM Domain. 

There is a community post about rehosting to another Region in the Intersight Cloud. I believe it would be the same procedure if you want to migrate to a new Appliance. Rehost existing account from intersight-US to intersight-EMEA? - Cisco Community

Thanks
Joel

Hello jobot,

thank you for your reply. It is an interesting approach, but I have now rebuilt the entire Intersight system from scratch. That was the easier way for me...

Hi

Did you have an existing Intersight running in the cloud (SaaS)? When migrating to Intersight Private Virtual Appliance, what are the challenges you faced? Can we follow the deployed guide and get it done? or are there any limitations/disruptions during migration process? 

For future references, or others that find this thread: The Cisco Intersight Managed Mode Transition Tool User Guide, 4.x - Cisco supports moving claimed domains/servers from SaaS to CVA (and vice versa), or between SaaS instances (e.g. US to Europe). Unless the IMMTT can get to the PVA on port 443, it would not be possible for the IMMTT to push the configs into the destination. I have submitted a feature request/suggestion that the IMMTT can dump / export the configs it generates to the desktop that the web interface is running on, which will allow import into PVA, or push configs from a manager-managed mode imported into IMMTT, into Intersight SaaS even if the IMMTT instance cannot reach Intersight SaaS (directly or via HTTPS proxy).