Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intersight License

Hi.

I am currently using Intersight and would like to know how the license works and where would my license get stored. I know I can see them in Cisco Software Licensing tool/page , but want to know how does it works.

Example : If I bought 32 blades along with Intersight license would they automatically add to the smart virtual account or it needs to be added manually?? Also, How can I verify if my purchased license are 

1 Reply 1

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically on the sales order if Intersight licenses were added it should prompt the seller to assign the customer smart account before allowing them to proceed with the order. From there they would choose your smart account and virtual account or in the case of partners they can assign it to a temporary holding account.

The licenses should get provisioned into the smart account specified on the requested start date from the sales order.

Sometimes the licenses end up in the 'default' virtual account and you just need to transfer those licenses to the correct virtual account that you had linked Intersight to (https://video.cisco.com/detail/videos/latest-videos/video/6327059978112?autoStart=true)

If you have an enterprise agreement (EA) there would be a different method of provisioning the licenses on-demand as needed using the EA Portal

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card