cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best IOS to use in CML to model routers?

SJNIII
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the best IOS to use to model a

• 4331 router 
  • 3945 router

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

SJNIII
Level 1
Level 1

They are not images in CML. I found out from a Cisco employee that the 4300 series ISR router can be emulated with the CSR1000v (or Cat8Kv) in CML.  The 3900 ISR can be modeled with the IOSv node

View solution in original post

yes IOL 15.7 L2 and L3  / IOSv L2 and L3  available so most of the command syntax same for that router.

CML is simulator, it will not exact as Physical hardware, most of the IOS / IOS-XR  and nexus functions can be used to emulate or simulate to testing purpose. some have limitrations that can be find in the feature documentations.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe I am wrong, I have not noticed that images in CML 2.4 (or did I missed)

as per I know only the below images are available to use.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#!reference-platforms-and-images

BB

SJNIII
Level 1
Level 1

They are not images in CML. I found out from a Cisco employee that the 4300 series ISR router can be emulated with the CSR1000v (or Cat8Kv) in CML.  The 3900 ISR can be modeled with the IOSv node

yes IOL 15.7 L2 and L3  / IOSv L2 and L3  available so most of the command syntax same for that router.

CML is simulator, it will not exact as Physical hardware, most of the IOS / IOS-XR  and nexus functions can be used to emulate or simulate to testing purpose. some have limitrations that can be find in the feature documentations.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: