Views
Helpful
Replies

edit config for arista node

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i'm trying to backup and export a lab that contains both cisco and arista routers

i can go to edit config and fetch the config for a cisco builtin node but the arista one won't work - cml2 complains 'nodes of type ARISTA cannot be configured'

is it possible to fetch the config for non cisco nodes?

thanks to anyone taking the time to read or reply

2 Replies 2

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

anyone any views or knowledge on this?

Ollie Y
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately it looks as though EOS is not supported by PYATS. However there are a few non-cisco supported devices in there.

https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/unicon/docs/user_guide/supported_platforms.html#example-single-router

I've tried my best to use other device PYATS profiles in CML but to no joy. See attached image where I've been trying different support device profiles from the link above in the node definition editor.

I have recently found out that PYATS uses the console session to login and run the commands to fetch the configuration. You can see it if you click fetch and then view the console. It just doesn't have the right integration for EOS.

Hope that may help explain why it wont work currently, needs EOS support and then we're all good.